FileDialog / FilePicker

I have successfully implemented a FileDialog and FilePicker routine (using
the FileDialog object) but I cannot get it to initially display a desired
folder. It always wants to open to my MyDocuments folder. Before invoking
the routine, I try to switch the defaut fileopen directory, but it seems to
have no effect.

In this particular case, I want FilePicker to initially show my
UserTemplates folder.

I have tried this to set a 'default' folder to view, to no avail:
Options.DefaultFilePath(wdDocumentsPath) =
Options.DefaultFilePath(wdUserTemplatesPath)

I have also tried this:
ChangeFileOpenDirectory Options.DefaultFilePath(wdUserTemplatesPath)

That doesn't work either.

There doesn't seem to be a default folder option in FilePicker. Is there one
that I am just missing?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas

Ed

  • Re: FileDialog / FilePicker
    ... >I have successfully implemented a FileDialog and FilePicker routine (using ... It always wants to open to my MyDocuments folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • FilePicker Deletion Access Denied
    ... A-okay after reinstalling dosnetfx.exe; ... Now I want to delete folder called FilePicker, ...
  • Re: filedialog filepicker and folderpicker
    ... specify a file that doesn't already exist. ... After I pick a folder with the folderpicker, I can't enter a filename in ... With the filepicker, if I ... the name of a non-existent folder, of course I get the file not found ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help PLEASE!! Hyperlink Path
    ... >Consider using the following instead of the Hyperlink ... > 'Create a FileDialog object as a File Picker dialog ... > Dim vrtSelectedItem As Variant ... >> LookIn path will show the folder that has all the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Extract data from csv file
    ... this code will open a folderPicker to get the correct folder and then ... 'Create a FileDialog object as a Folder Picker dialog box. ... Dim vrtSelectedItem As Variant ... 'Step through each string in the FileDialogSelectedItems ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)