Re: Bring to Front?

From: Martin Seelhofer (martin.seelhofer_at_bluewin.ch)
Date: 10/15/04

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:46:30 +0200

Hi Robin

> How can I bring a word document to the front of the display? At present,
> my documents are all in the background (invisible). When I've finished
> with automation, I want to bring one to the front (on top). Any ideas?

When using automation, the Office applications are started invisibly
themselves. Therefore, you'll have to let the application appear:

Application.Visible = true
or through Automation (assuming your object variable is called wdObj):
wdObj.Visible = true

Then activate/select your document (assuming you have a reference to
the doc called docObj):

docObj.Activate
or
docObj.Select

Cheers,
Martin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I find the Path for Win.Word?
    ... For example, Bryan's reply to your original message was bottom-posted, meaning he quoted your message and wrote his reply UNDER what he quoted. ... You *should* be OK with a reference to Word 10 and your app being run on a system with Word 11 installed. ... I've written many little apps and even quite large apps that use Automation with various Office products and I've had VERY few problems with those apps working when a different version of Office is installed. ... However, in almost all of these, it's because they've developed using a later version of Office and uses features specific to that version, and then the app doesn't work with an earlier version of Office. ...
  • Re: windows.forms usercontrol, event and delegate
    ... The working of the automation system should have little or nothing to do with how you implement the UI in .NET. ... You have to know that distance between PLC and SCADA computer could by ... The control should provide full functionality itself. ... If you need the object reference, you simply need to make sure that the code that has the reference gives it to the code that needs it. ...
  • Re: problems closing excel
    ... Set a reference to the primary Excel objects used in your program. ... While running code that uses Automation to control Microsoft ... > the Excel object does not exit from memory when you specify. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: field = to
    ... These are called 'switches' - for future reference, ... addr from the excel sheet as a variable to the link so that if the ... Looking at insert/fields I don't know whether to use doc automation, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: Application.Quit issue in Excel 2003
    ... Set a reference to the primary Excel objects used in your program. ... Dim xlApp As Excel.Application ... Use the appropriate reference Every Time you make reference to a spreadsheet. ... Articles dealing with unqualified references and automation ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)