beep in VBA

The VBA beep command doesn't result in my PC beeping. Where does the beep normally come from - the
speaker in the PC itself (ie the one that beeps after the BIOS has successfully loaded) or from the
speakers that plug into the sound card? I don't have any speakers plugged into my sound card, so if
that's where the beep comes from, then that explains it.

  • Re: beep
    ... through the sound card usually *are* heard through the computer's speakers ... (because the speakers are normally connected to the soundcard's output). ... In fact the behaviour of the VB Beep statement (and, incidentally, of the ... On some systems it will play the Windows ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: beep
    ... >underlying API Beep function in the Kernel32 DLL) is very system dependent. ... >On some systems it will play the Windows ... >default Beep sound through the sound card and main speakers, ... >through the speakers using the system's sound card. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: Long Beep After Startup, please help
    ... the pc started to make a continuous beep sound. ... your regular speakers before restarting. ... disconnect everything else from the sound card and restart. ...
  • Re: Long Beep After Startup, please help
    ... the pc started to make a continuous beep sound. ... your regular speakers before restarting. ...
  • Re: Beep
    ... >I know the 'Beep' function in VB is simply 'Beep', ... >works if the user has speakers attached, on, and not muted. ... mov ah, 02 ... Note that int 020H was deprecated along with the .COM binary format, ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)