Re: how to completely remove table but leave data

As Tony says, you want to start with Table | Convert | Table to Text. But
see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/ConvertAdrsToDatafile.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"J Mac" <jmaca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have a .doc which was created from an excel mailing list. It
> is setup for labels and is in 3 columns (30 to a page). I want to
> export this to a text format I can then import into excel again. (I
> don't have the original excel document and I want to join this info
> with other similar info [names and addresses].
>
> I have looked all over and I can't figure out how to get rid of the
> table formatting but leave the data hopefully in a format that excel
> can easily import. Since is to remain essentially a mailing list, the
> info will change in the future as people move. I am fairly sure I use
> Data and Import in excel but I can't figure how to get the word document
> into a text delimited file.
>
> Any help???
>
> Thanks

  • Re: Number formats in Word Tables
    ... connect using DDE instead of OLEDB. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... > How does one format numbers in Word tables? ... > I'm merging data from an Excel worksheet which has already been formatted ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: Microsoft WORD problem (with Excel object)
    ... In Excel, the setting is on the General tab of Tools | Options, but this may ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... On Dell Machine with Office XP I run a WORD document. ...
  • Re: How do I link graphics and tables?
    ... You can paste them from Excel using Paste ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: tabulating word data in Word
    ... highlighted, you can copy them, then paste into Excel. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... > Is there a way to tag each occurance of the word "bird" and have ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: How eliminate Word Pad as Words default save
    ... For Excel I believe you have to use Excel.exe /regserver ... Microsoft MVP ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)