Re: Conditional Formatting of Margins In A Mail Merge Letter
- From: Cindy M -WordMVP- <C.Meister-C@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:06:21 +0200
> Is it possible to set different page margins in a mail merge letter? So if
> MERGEFIELD 1 = A, a different set of page margins could apply to the whole
> letter? We have letterhead that requires different margin settings.
> Using Word 2002 with Excel datasource.
You *might* be able to do something with an IF field in the header/footer area
that would display/remove a frame or textbox. But if it would work at all it
would be very tricky to set up.
Better might be an IF field that would insert the entire letter body from an
outside file (If in combination with IncludeText). Rather than specifying
margins, set the left and right indents for the paragraph styles to make it
look like it's a different margin.
Your other choice would be to set up two completely separate letters, and use
a filter to pick up the data.
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: text box
- Next by Date: template for enquiry / quotation / order progression
- Previous by thread: Conditional Formatting of Margins In A Mail Merge Letter
- Next by thread: Need to select object on background layer in Word 2003.