Repagination problem

I have a Word file, and when I am working in Print Layout view and move the
cursor beyond page 8, Word starts repaginating the file and goes on for
thousands of pages until I press Esc which generates a message "Word must
complete pagination before displaying the selected text in Print Layout view.
Do you wish to continue pagination? To display the text in Normal view,
select no". How do I stop this happening? I also notice that Excel graphs
which I had imported into the file have disappeared. This problem only seems
to affect one particular file. I would appreciate any assistance I can get
on this.
Proinnsias

  • Re: Repagination
    ... Word is not a page layout application and if you work in print layout view ... it will constantly re-paginate according to the editing requirements of the ... the pagination becomes more obvious. ... keep Word from repaginating a 1014 page document 2-4 times every ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: How do I leave a page number blank & continue on.
    ... You won't see this in Print Layout ... view or even in Print Preview unless you're displaying two pages and have ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... I can't find the answer in Microsoft word help. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Word prints a page number on envelopes
    ... If those page numbers are not displaying in Print Layout View the most ... Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ... Word prints a page number on envelopes. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: How do I stop automatic repagination of Word documents?
    ... In Print Layout view, no. ... Drew wrote: ... of updating the pagination. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Strange margin display
    ... My MS Word XP started displaying some strange margin ... indicators in the corners of the Print Layout view. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars)