RE: Resetting figure number i caption

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Martin Andersen" wrote:

> I inserted the field {seq Figur \r 0 \h} in the heading where i wanted the
> figure numbering sequence to be reset. The \h switch makes the field hidden,
> and \r 0 sets the figure number to zero, so that the first figure in the
> chapter has the number 1. Exactly what i wanted. Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards, Martin
>
> "Stefan Blom" skrev:
>
> > In my experience, the \s switch works only to restart SEQ numbering after
> > built-in headings (at the specified level). If built-in headings are not
> > used, manual restarts of SEQ fields -- using the \r switch -- are required.
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Blom
> > Microsoft Word MVP
> >

> > "Martin Andersen" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to implement the directions in an article by Pietsch and Rado
> > > "How to insert captions that include chapter numbers, in documents where
> > > some heading styles are not build in".
> > > I have created headings with numbering in four levels based on the build-in
> > > headings without numbers. At the same time i have created headings for
> > > appendices in four levels, also based on the build-in headings without
> > > numbers.
> > >
> > > Now i want to create captions for figures where the heading number of the
> > > first level is included in the caption, together with the number of the
> > > figure, where the figure number is reset after that the level one heading has
> > > been incremented.
> > >
> > > The syntax suggested by Pietsch and Rado is:
> > > Figure {styleref "Heading 1 with numbers" \s}.{seq Figure \* ARABIC \s
> > > "Heading 1 with numbers"}. Figure text.
> > > A similar syntax should then be used in for captions in appendices.
> > >
> > > The \s in the styleref field has the effect that only the heading number of
> > > the heading is shown. The effect of the \s "Heading 1 with numbers" in the
> > > seq field should according to the article mentioned above have the effect
> > > that the sequence of figure numbers is reset.
> > >
> > > My problem is now that this doesn't happen. In chapter 2 i have two figures,
> > > and they are labeled correctly as figure 2.1 and figure 2.2. But when i use
> > > exactly the same syntax (copy and paste) in chapter 3, the numbering in the
> > > caption becomes 3.3. The sequence of figure numbers is not reset.
> > >
> > > Margeret Aldis suggested that this could be caused by some hidden formatting
> > > in the heading of chapter 3. As a consequence of this i tried to apply the
> > > strip formatting style to the heading and then formatting it with the heading
> > > 1 with numbers again. This didn't help.
> > >
> > > My interpretation of this is that the sequence field for some reason dont
> > > pick up the incrementation of the heading 1. I have read at little about the
> > > numbering in Word, and it seems to be rather complicated.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an idea about why this happens?
> > > --
> > > Martin Andersen
> > > M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
> > > Research Analyst

  • Re: Customize Outline Numbered List box question
    ... Yes, I am using that template in the Customize numbers list, and I did reset ... Chapter numbering based on Heading One SEEMS to be working fine. ... the word Chapter before the number in the Number Format box. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Outline numbering starting at 2
    ... restarts for numbering. ... you checked the setting for "Start at" for the relevant numbering levels (in ... Now I still need a work-around, as I cannot reset the numbering to 1, it ... In the following example, since a Heading 4 ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Outline numbering starting at 2
    ... Now I still need a work-around, as I cannot reset the numbering to 1, it ... In the following example, since a Heading 4 ... goes to 1 then immediately reverts back to 2. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Cannot reset heading number in Word 2007
    ... I created my own style and I cannot get the numbering to reset / ... restart for each heading section. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.numbering)
  • Re: Page numbering Error.No guide was able to solve it!
    ... > Every chapter restarts from 1 and therefore the page numbering doesn't ... > continue in sequence. ... Don't reset the pagenumbering between every chapter then! ...
    (comp.text.tex)