Re: how do I scan my signature an place on a document

The "behind text" was most helpful! I'd blown most of the morning trying to
align two signatures on the same letter. Once again the DG has made my day!
--
Ed Morgan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan it and save it in a graphics format. Use Insert | Picture | From File
to insert it in your document, then select it and create an AutoText entry
from it. When you need to use your signature, insert the AutoText entry.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothegroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:uqJYNpl4EHA.4008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Probably a variety of ways to do this.

I would scan it and save it as a .jpeg. Then I might use the
"Insert/photo/from/file" command to insert it into a document. It will
likely come in in-line with text. So you might want to right click the
inserted signature and mark it "Behind Text" so you can move it around.

Another option would be to save it as a jpeg and then use Ctrl-C to copy
it
to your computer clipboard and then paste it into the document using
Crtl-V.

One of the best ways: After you save the signature as a jpeg, open it and
copy it using a clipboard stacking program, such as the free Yankee
Clipper
(http://www.yankee-clipper.net/). You can then save it as a "boiler plate"
clip and paste it in whenever you like into Word and lots of other
programs.

There are other ways to do it too, and you always can make a macro to
automate the process, including converting the imported picture file into
"behind text" layout. But this might be beyond you at this point.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
back
to the newsgroup.

"mike" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved it
word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do
this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

  • Re: how do I scan my signature an place on a document
    ... When you need to use your signature, ... > I would scan it and save it as a .jpeg. ... > copy it using a clipboard stacking program, ... including converting the imported picture file into ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: how do I scan my signature an place on a document
    ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ... When you need to use your signature, ... I would scan it and save it as a .jpeg. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: creating true type font from jpeg file
    ... There are companies that will make a font from your handwriting or ... > I have created my handwritten signature and scanned it as jpeg file. ... Is there an easy wayto create True Type Font from this jpeg ...
    (microsoft.public.word.printingfonts)
  • Re: how do I scan my signature an place on a document
    ... I would scan it and save it as a .jpeg. ... "Insert/photo/from/file" command to insert it into a document. ... inserted signature and mark it "Behind Text" so you can move it around. ... Itransfered and saved it to> word pad. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • pictures in email stationary
    ... If I create a signature in Outlook 2003 and insert a JPEG either hosted on the web or local, picture is NOT displayed on local machine or on receiver's e-mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)