Re: Turning off automatic paragraph indent Word 2007

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Word Options > Proofing > Autocorrect Options > Autoformat as you type >
Uncheck 'Set left- and first- indent with tabs and backspaces.

Thanks - I knew where to turn this off in 2003, but couldn't find it in
2007!

Word has always had these options set by default but as with any other
option you can choose to switch them off.

Precisely - IMHO these advanced options should be turned OFF by default - so
simple users like me don't pull their hair out in exasperation, but advanced
users can turn them ON if they want.

  • Re: Tab not working change change numbering levels
    ... Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces. ... or alternatively the increase or decrease indent buttons to change levels. ... change numbering levels. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.numbering)
  • Re: how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
    ... make sure that the "Set left and first indent ... with tabs and backspaces" option is selected on the AutoFormat As You Type ... click the AutoCorrect Options button. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: tab doesnt work to change list levels
    ... AutoFormat As You Type tab | check the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" box | OK. ... AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type tab | check the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" box | OK. ... now I have to click on Increase Indent or Decrease Indent to be able to change levels. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: tab key to automatically create sublevels
    ... As You Type | check or uncheck the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" box | OK. ... AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type tab | check the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" box. ... i am on a different machine, and for some reason, the tab key is configured only to just indent, and not change the bullet to the next sublevel. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Auto Archive button is missing in Outlook
    ... I can see all other tabs other than Auto Archive. ... I can see Navigation Pane ... Advanced options and reading pane. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)