Re: Underline not showing up

You can underline using spaces but the final space must be a hard space (Ctrl+Shift+Space). The best solution is to use a Tab Leader. Check out the Tab dialog and you can select various Leaders for this.

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" <LegallisaswitchingfromWordPerfect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A511B953-A146-4FB9-B2A2-0C32DB1E6B15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" wrote:

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> If you actually drew a line, then drawing objects do not appear in > Normal
> View, but should show up in Print Preview. If you used a real underline
> (from the format Font dialog), then it should show up in all views. If > it
> doesn't, check that you have the latest driver for your graphics card
> installed.
> -- > Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
> "Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
> <LegallisaswitchingfromWordPerfect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:C08FC9D4-772B-4746-8EB4-21A163F79BBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >I have a table with text in one of the cells. I have a line of text > >on one
> > line, underlining on the next line to create a space between the > > third
> > line
> > of text, like so:
> >
> > Text
> > ________________
> >
> > Text
> >
> > The underlining doesn't show up in normal view, nor does it show up > > in
> > print
> > preview. It does, however, print. Why can't I see it in normal and > > print
> > preview? Should I use something other than underlining?
> >
> I used the shift key and the underline key (next to the number 0 on the > keyboard). It didn't show up in print preview or normal mode. To use > underline in format, font,would I use spaces to make the underlining > appear?

By the way, I'm using Word 2007. Is there a better way to make a signature

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 30 Character Magic
    ... How did you create the underline? ... Is it a tab leader (Format | Tabs) ...
  • Re: Word automatically making underline to appear bold
    ... Word MVP web site ... and because most of the underlined text is bold, ... most of the underlined text is not bold, ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ...
  • Re: unwanted line in cell
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: ... Word automatically applies a border style to the ...
  • Re: Create a new ms words document from excel?
    ... But if you prefer not to have an underline, ... Word MVP FAQ site: ... >> I am trying to create a new ms words document with hard-coded text from ... >> existing ms excel spreadsheet containing data. ...
  • Re: how can i underline only 5 letter words?
    ... > Doug Robbins - Word MVP on wrote: ... >>> I have an essay written but I have to underline only the 5 letter ... >>> only 5 letter words. ... > Word MVP web site ...