Re: Underline not showing up

You can underline using spaces but the final space must be a hard space (Ctrl+Shift+Space). The best solution is to use a Tab Leader. Check out the Tab dialog and you can select various Leaders for this.

Terry

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" <LegallisaswitchingfromWordPerfect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A511B953-A146-4FB9-B2A2-0C32DB1E6B15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" wrote:

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> If you actually drew a line, then drawing objects do not appear in > Normal
> View, but should show up in Print Preview. If you used a real underline
> (from the format Font dialog), then it should show up in all views. If > it
> doesn't, check that you have the latest driver for your graphics card
> installed.
>
> -- > Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
>
> "Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
> <LegallisaswitchingfromWordPerfect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:C08FC9D4-772B-4746-8EB4-21A163F79BBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >I have a table with text in one of the cells. I have a line of text > >on one
> > line, underlining on the next line to create a space between the > > third
> > line
> > of text, like so:
> >
> > Text
> > ________________
> >
> > Text
> >
> > The underlining doesn't show up in normal view, nor does it show up > > in
> > print
> > preview. It does, however, print. Why can't I see it in normal and > > print
> > preview? Should I use something other than underlining?
> >
> I used the shift key and the underline key (next to the number 0 on the > keyboard). It didn't show up in print preview or normal mode. To use > underline in format, font,would I use spaces to make the underlining > appear?

By the way, I'm using Word 2007. Is there a better way to make a signature
line?

  • Re: 30 Character Magic
    ... How did you create the underline? ... Is it a tab leader (Format | Tabs) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Word automatically making underline to appear bold
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... and because most of the underlined text is bold, ... most of the underlined text is not bold, ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: unwanted line in cell
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... Word automatically applies a border style to the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: Create a new ms words document from excel?
    ... But if you prefer not to have an underline, ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... >> I am trying to create a new ms words document with hard-coded text from ... >> existing ms excel spreadsheet containing data. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Word automatically making underline to appear bold
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... If I format any part of a paragraph bold and then apply ... have a bold underline. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)