Re: How do I remove Mail-merge from my document?

Open the document, then,

In Word 2002 or 2003,

a. use Tools|Customize to enable the Mail Merge toolbar
b. click the first icon in that toolbar.
c. choose Normal Word Document and accept
d. save and close the document
e. if you want, use Tools|Customize to disable the Mail Merge toolbar

(You can also make this choice in the Mail Merge Wizard in the first step or
so)

In Word 97 or 2000,

the Mail Merge toolbar should be enabled, so
a. click the Mail Merge Helper icon
b. click the Create button
c. select Restore to Normal Word Document
d. Close the Mail Merge Helper
e. save and close the document

Peter Jamieson

"Penimagic" <Penimagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a Word document which used to be merged with an Excel spreadsheet. I
no longer need it to access the spreadsheet, and have deleted the Merge
Fields in the document, and closed the Toolbar. However, it still opens
Excel
and the Toolbar whenever I open the Word document.
How can I stop it doing that?

  • Re: upgrading from 97 to XP
    ... she opens the document and chooses Yes when prompted. ... If she brings the mail merge toolbar onto the ... I'd still have her try to relink the data source in. ... If she gets the SQL question (because she hasn't created the Registry ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: REALLY deleting a macro and VB project.
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... This DOES seem to have worked for the macro and the VBA ... The blasted ToolBar button is still reappearing ... ... Macro opens form, then form and code ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Re: Email merge using word 2000
    ... Let's assume it opens displaying a blank document (typically ... start Excel and open the data source. ... toolbar has appeared - this is the Mail Merge Toolbar and it appears ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Files / documents on a Word Toolbar
    ... Create a macro in the Normal.dot ... template that opens the document you ... In the Customize dialog, choose the Macros category and drag the ... document-opening macros to the toolbar. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars)
  • Re: Outlook Express 6 - No Preview Ever !?
    ... A toolbar button can be added to toggle use of the preview pane. ... it easier to avoid opening unwanted messages by first deleting the obvious. ... the next email in the list automatically opens. ...