Re: merge fields alignment

I am not sure whether your reference to address block is to the AddressBlock
field or to an area of the document. If it is to the AddressBlock field,
don't use it. Rather insert the mergefields that you want in the
configuration that you want them.

If the TradingName field is blank, you will need to use an
If...then...Else... field construction to avoid the unwanted space

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "TradingName" } <> "" "{ MERGEFIELD "TradingName" } {
MERGEFIELD "OrganizationName" }" "{ MERGEFIELD "OrganizationName" } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt+F9
to toggle of their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tanya" <Tanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am having trouble aligning merged fields in the address block of main
document

"Trading Name" "Organisation Name" on the one line in the address block:

If the data record (from excel) does not have "Trading Name" info and is
blank - the row will not align/shift/move the "Organisation Name" to the
left margin. I have tried switches advance\l6 etc but just have overlap..
must be missing the basic.!

Any help appreciated (please be very basic in any instructions)

Tanya

  • Re: I want to omit a field in a mail merge
    ... Remove that AddressBlock field ... FirstName}"} {Mergefield Surname} ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: formatting an address block
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... > addressblock in my merge document. ... When I turn on the format editor, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Address block match fields do not get saved
    ... There is nothing preventing the user from arranging the individual fields in ... exactly the same arrangement as that used by the addressblock. ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP ... source for the Word document from an Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Use a merge field like in addressblock
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... I'd like to use some mergefields that act like the addressblock fields ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Address block match fields do not get saved
    ... Address fields and AddressBlock formats them in a much neater way. ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... source for the Word document from an Excel ... required by writing out the data to the spreadsheet and linking the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)