Re: Mail Merge Read Receipt

Sorry, reference to wrong article in previous response. It should hve been:

You can modify the code in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm

so that you get a read receipt for the email that is sent out with the
document attached to it. Doesn't mean that the recipient will have opened
and read the attachment however. But then an indication that they have read
something doesn't mean that they understand it either.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"B.Y.B." <BYB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> We want to send out a bulk e-mail using the Mail Merge tool in Word.
> These
> messages need to be marked for read and delivery receipt. Can this be
> done?
> How?
>
> Changing the tracking options in Outlook doesn't seem to affect the e-mail
> messages generated through Word.

  • Re: Virus in Attachments option
    ... That particular registry setting would cause the option to be grayed out. ... As a workaround, you might be able to modify the setting, and gain access ... I get one of the two attachments that they send. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Carbon Copying when Merging via E-mail
    ... You can modify the procedure in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with ... Attachments" at ... Please respond to the Newsgroup for the benefit of others who may be ... "Rob" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: How do I get read & delivery receipts for an Email merge?
    ... You can use a modification of the method in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at ... Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ... delivery receipt in the Tools/Option within my email document. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Tracking an email merge
    ... You could do it using a modification of the code in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP ... Is there anyway to "request a delivery receipt" or "request a read receipt" ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: test Outlook Express Options
    ... If it shows a number in the Value Data Box, right click on it - choose Modify and Delete that number. ... look for Safe Attachments - REG_DWORD. ... I want to uncheck that but it's grayed out, ... I'm running Norton Internet Security and using the Spam Filter, ...