Re: How do I skip blank fields when mail merging?
- From: "Peter Jamieson" <pjj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:19:36 +0100
Lines that are blank as a consequence of containing merge fields whose
values are blank and nothing else should be suppressed by default. However,
unlike Word 2000 and earlier those lines won't be suppressed if they are
nested within another field such as an IF field.
To change the setting manually, go to Tools|Options|Commands, select
category All Commands, locate MailMergeHelper and drag it to a tool bar.
Then use it and click the Merge button to find the option.
"Phil" <Phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My database has Address 1, Address 2 and Address 3, which I have to
> as separate lines in the merge document. But, I want to skip the lines if
> the merge fields are blank. How do I do that with Word 2003?
- Prev by Date: Re: Change data source type
- Next by Date: Re: Change data source type
- Previous by thread: How do I skip blank fields when mail merging?
- Next by thread: Change data source type