How do I automatically fit objects to the size of a drawn canvas?

In previous versions of Word it was very easy to make the canvas fit exactly
the objects drawn on the canvas. I just clicked on a "rectangle" in the upper
left corner, just above the canvas and the canvas adjusted to fit the drawn
objects exactly. No extra white spaces around them and/or the canvas grew to
fit all objects.

In the new Microsoft Word 2007 I can't find the "rectangle" or any other way
of adjusting the canvas size in this way to precisely fit the drawn objects.

If I try to change the size of the drawing in word the size of the whole
drawing changes including for example unecessary space to the right and that
is not what I want.
Anyone know how to fit the canvas to the objects?

  • Re: lets tighten on the part of the innocent clouds, but dont cast the loyal magistrates
    ... saints award. ... Otherwise the theme in Katya's canvas might fit some green marketings. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to PREVENT Paint from expanding when pasting?
    ... You are pasting an image that is larger than the canvas ... you start with in Paint. ... Resize the image to fit on the canvas? ... so pasting in a larger image requires that the canvas be enlarged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What I Got For Christmas Thread
    ... >>> The canvas one was wore out. ... >> I got two plaid flannel shirts. ... Both fit. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: announcement - brick engine 2.4 released
    ... with canvases apart for the most simple shapes. ... Agreed, the canvas isn't really fit for fast, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Draw a rectangle keeping aspect ratio of viewport
    ... I am drawing to a canvas which has a scaled image drawn to it, and for all intents and purposes this is the image even though this is really sat in the background waiting to be drawn to later the image is say 1024x 768 it is a buffered image and never changes size, only the canvas changes size when a larger or smaller projection of the image is drawn to it. ... Now suppose I am dragging my mouse around the canvas with the projected image and this is drawing a rectangle to the canvas, hen I let go of the mouse I want the following to happen. ... be very careful to make sure everything you do in that other coordinate system uses values that are appropriate for that coordinate system. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)