Re: How do I span pictures across multiple pages?

I came across this while working on a project and not being able to create a
picture that spans more than one page in Word. Thank you very much Bob.
Switching to Excel was exactly what I was looking for, I just wasn't aware
that Word couldn't do that same thing.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Chagharu,

The limit for a graphic or object in Word is a single
printed page, unfortunately. It doesn't support
spanned grapics.

You can simulate the effect you want
by inserting the graphic in each page and cropping
each image so that the correct portion shows on each
page (you can do it a little more cleanly with using
Word's {REF} field), or you can use a graphic slicer /
dicer to create portions of the graphic to be inserted
separately.
These sites, amongh others, have graphics dicers available
http://www.feldfunker.de/software/splitz.htm

Another approach might be to use Excel in this
case for your document. Excel does not have the
limitation of a graphic needing to be on one page.

============
>>"Chagharu" <Chagharu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E20B8C19-1755-4FD4-89E4-CB99F05103B8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In Word, when I try to add a long picture file, it resizes it to fit the
page. However I would like it to span multiple pages. When I drag the
picture to resize it, it cuts the bottom off at the bottom of the page. Is
there any way to continue the graphic onto the next page(s)? <<
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

  • Excel2007 SP1 --> Re: Excel 2007 - Insert Picture Bug - Locks Up Excel and CSRSS.EXE
    ... Any time I accessed the "PrintArea" "PrintPreview" or other page layout features of Excel2007 the worksheet would lock up and the inserted graphics would disappear or blink on and off as you scrolled around the Excel work sheet. ... Inserted picture displays fine until you select the surrounding cells and set them as the print area for the worksheet. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Images with hidden external links
    ... graphics fixes the linked URL, ... choose "covert to embedded picture". ... Publisher file page. ... Run the Compress graphics tool ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Fonts fouling up in word pictures
    ... objects in the picture and Grouped them using the Draw toolbar. ... >>> Maintaining an entire slew of anchors for ... >> text and graphics together and to position the graphics relative to each ... >> graphics are each anchored to a paragraph. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Rotating inserted pictures
    ... Once you paste your Excel object as a graphic object... ... copying that to a Graphics program (you can download a trial version of ... > I frequently need to insert pictures into Word documents, ... > to insert a picture originally extracted from Excel using ...
    (microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics)
  • Re: inserting Adobe Illustrator graphics, more experience
    ... Word's "picture editing" tools, they can work only with bitmaps. ... The 'shapes' group are all very similar to CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) ... as a group, it can have a name, a hyperlink, display ... the import filter, which says "Is this something like CGM?" ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)