Re: Paste Special, picture (enhanced metafile) Problem in Word 2003

For all intents & [practical] purposes the answer is No - Word isn't a
graphics editor & once you paste as picture the text is no longer text. The
conversion isn't something over which you have any control.

What you're trying to do needs to be done in a decent graphics app which
provides the tools to combine text & graphics effectively. Then save the
work as a PNG, JPEG (or other suitable format) - preferably at the correct
resolution & print dimensions - and use Word's Insert> Picture> From File
command (wording may vary depending on Word version which you didn't
mention) to add the graphic to your doc.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Roy Sprunger" <RoySprunger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there anything I can do to control the font & point size of my paste
special text?

Each time I select, copy & paste special, picture (enhanced metafile), the
font/point sizes change. The source is a combination of text and images.
want to paste them into another file as a single image. But when I do,
the
text changes point sizes.

I have tried changing the source font point size in anticipation, but Word
seems to ignore my settings.

Roy

  • Re: Images with hidden external links
    ... graphics fixes the linked URL, ... choose "covert to embedded picture". ... Publisher file page. ... Run the Compress graphics tool ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Fonts fouling up in word pictures
    ... objects in the picture and Grouped them using the Draw toolbar. ... >>> Maintaining an entire slew of anchors for ... >> text and graphics together and to position the graphics relative to each ... >> graphics are each anchored to a paragraph. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: inserting Adobe Illustrator graphics, more experience
    ... Word's "picture editing" tools, they can work only with bitmaps. ... The 'shapes' group are all very similar to CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) ... as a group, it can have a name, a hyperlink, display ... the import filter, which says "Is this something like CGM?" ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: blurred images
    ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... You can test your graphics filters to see if they are working correctly. ... On the Objects toolbar, click Picture Frame, and then click Picture from ... presume I can't just do the Publisher bit as it came with the Small ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Problems pasting TIF image into Notebook document.
    ... Vector graphics objects are only visible in Page Layout and Print Preview ... I can't imagine scanning a picture and then NOT wanting to ... The only way I can reduce the width of the band is to omit the right ... When I copy a picture in TIF format into a Word Notebook document a ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)