Re: Delete an endnote (footnote) separator in Word 2007

Can somebody please explain again how to remove the separator line at the top
of the End Note page?? Explanations below don't work for me.

Mary

"Dan Orth" wrote:

Works great! Thanks for posting that here!

"Nikky" wrote:

...but see this earlier post that answers perfectly!

Hi Nikky

Assuming you have one or more footnotes or end notes in the document, on the
View tab, choose Draft view (this is the view formerly known as Normal view;
what was Draft view has now gone). On the References tab, click Show Notes.
You'll now be in familiar territory.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Dan Orth" wrote:

Hi Patrick-
I actually used the "convert endnote to footnote" feature and now all the
endnotes along with the separator line is in the main body of the page and
not the footer however.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Double-click the footnote area if you are in the print layout view (the
default).
Or use Insert tab, Header & Footer group, Footer, Edit Footer.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Dan Orth" <DanOrth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi,
I am trying to delete the endnote separator line in Word 2007 but cannot
figure out how to bring up the Footnote Pane, which looks to be the way to do
it in 2003. Can anyone tell me how I can remove the line in 2007? Thanks,
-Dan

  • Re: confused about word templates
    ... and top/bottom of 1 with header and footer at .5. ... indents and spacing the way you want them. ... paste it where you want the second chapter heading. ... hit Tab key to put cursor at the 6.5 tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Adding Page ? of ?? to footer
    ... The footer style has two tab settings, one center tab and one right tab. ... "Joe" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Trying to number two sections two different ways
    ... The explanation for the items on the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog is: ... Widow/Orphan control Prevents Microsoft Word from printing the last line of a paragraph by itself at the top of a page or the first ... But I thought I had it when in the front matter I could click in Footer>Edit Footer and manually type my Roman numerals. ... I do notice the "Insert Allingment Tab" on the Header Footer Tab you create when you click to get to "Header and Footer tools" which has you on the File tab of the ribbon in 2010 and I set that to center but it doesn't seem to matter. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.numbering)
  • Re: Word 2007 - Landscape page within a portrait document
    ... Select all the text that should be on the landscape page. ... Double-click in the footer of the landscape section. ... Footer Tools> Design tab appears in the ribbon. ... Click the Layout sub-tab, and click the Properties button at the far ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Multiple alignments in Header/Footer? Then replicating in VBA
    ... I will definitely take a look at styles and the MVP page. ... The reason I was looking to macros is because our department doesn't do a ... the Header and Footer styles have built-in tab stops to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)