Re: APA style formatting with et. al.

Unfortunately, that's not possible to fix. One of the design decisions (flaws) in the citation engine is that each in-text citation gets formatted separately meaning it has no knowledge if the same source was cited before or not.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"jimmy" <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:35E2D60C-1E97-440A-93FF-4D6FB1CDCF68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Basically, MS Word doesn't really format in APA. I was very disapointed
about that. MS -- if you are reading, this needs to be corrected. After the
first citation of a source with 3 or more authors, the citation should say
"(Author et al., Date)." Please fix this. Or at least don't have the
program say that the paper is in APA format when it isn't.

"Magnus" wrote:

Hi

There are a few discussions about citation and using et. al. instead of
multiple authors. But I can not find a satisfying answer for my question. I
wonder if there is any way that with using APA style get citations to
automatically use et. al. instead of multiple authors.

I want to have the second and later citations to have et al if the authors
are more than three.

  • Re: I cant insert sources and citations. Word 2007
    ... Microsoft Word MVP ... Citation drop-down lint are dimmed as well. ... Bibliography group are dimmed. ... How can I fix these problems? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: pop-up form/message box problem
    ... This may be messy but it is a fix. ... Instead of having the field detemine if a ... have VB clear the field so unwanted information doesn't get entered. ... want a new citation, have VB continue to allow new addition. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Apa refence format not correct-second line not indented-
    ... The program does not let me fix this-it moves the whole citation, ... The Microsoft Office Word Team's Blog: ... Microsoft Word 2007 Bibliography styles ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: citations
    ... While the formatting and updating facility microsoft provides for bib is ... "Chicago" shows the title if there are multiple works by the same ... Grandson 1950) is one such citation as I would like it to appear. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: citations
    ... existing styles to display something the styles aren't designed for. ... "Chicago" shows the title if there are multiple works by the same ... Grandson 1950) is one such citation as I would like it to appear. ... are not showing author, title, and date by design. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)