Word 2007: how to save to original folder?

How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing
the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it
(at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive).

  • web page Save Dialog specify folder?
    ... Every time I've worked with saving files from the web, ... to go to the user's My Documents folder, ... I can communicate to the client, or, if someone knows some code or a ... third party tool that can help assist with this client request, ...
  • truncated long file paths in search results
    ... I recently switched from Win98SE to WinXP. ... because the default directory for saving files is typically "My Documents." ... Can I some how make all the documents in the My Documents folder appear ... Can one rename the "Documents and Settings" folder name to something ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Folder Icons Keep Resetting
    ... that read-only on a folder prevents a user from saving files there....is it MSN ... having the system bit set on a folder will also cause explorer to process the ... Open a command prompt window to the parent directory of the ... Is there anything I can do within Windows to prevent this? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Why doesnt VB6 find the correct path?
    ... When I want to re-save a module that is in the same folder as the ... The default location for saving files is the location where VB6.exe is ... from writing to the "Program Files" folders, so you are redirected to a ... If using Vista, you should also make sure it is "running ...
  • Re: Require file saving to folders
    ... Thank you for your suggestion. ... >> network drive and require them to save the file to a folder? ... >> problems with users just saving files out on the network and not under any ... > share it and assign the group who needs access the read permission ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)