Re: toc - printing "Error! Bookmark not defined"

When you print, fields are updated; this includes the TOC field. Since it is
now divorced from the document it is based on, it can no longer update
properly. You can unlink the TOC before printing (Ctrl+Shift+F9) or you can
just lock it (Ctrl+F11).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Excel Lowest Value" <ExcelLowestValue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:5DE43E80-851C-4F5D-BB3C-3CDA513DC4DA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know have my TOC - book marks are moved - I have edit the TOC outside
of
my document.

When i view the TOC document in print view it looks good.

When I print it the message prints. Can I print the TOC and get the
"Error!
Bookmark not defined" somehow
without recreating all the book marks??

Remember when i view the TOC doc. in print view it looks good with no
error messages

Thanks Russ @techexpressinc.com

  • Re: Heading 1/2/3 TOC entries -- whats the secret to removing?
    ... Define the TOC field exactly as you want it. ... Edit Field doesn't see TOC Field? ... times the Edit Field dialog seems to think this is a Formula field and ...
    (microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs)
  • Re: Insert a Bookmark in a specific spot in a document
    ... The code in my macro regenerates the TOC field, but as I explained it generates ... The way I normally get around this problem is to store the required TOC field as ... Public Sub TOCTest() ... Dim tplAttached As Word.Template ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Table of contents cant be merged
    ... There are two basic problems with merging a TOC: ... the TOC field, possibly including Hyperlinks (each "copy" of the TOC will ... all bookmarks are in any case lost, so any hyperlinks wil point to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Table of contents does not include all heading levels
    ... other than "From Template" you cannot control the TOC. ... the raw TOC field I described in my previous post. ... stores the formatting of the TOC in the document. ... Heading 2, Heading 3, etc. in the correct places. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: table of contents
    ... you'll have to update the TOC in order to see your changes! ... (You can right-click the TOC field and choose to "Update Field" or, ... Word displays the Page Number Format ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)