Re: Printing Alternate Pages

If this is a merged letter document then if the merge source document had a
different first page tray setting in page setup then that information should
be retained, but the printer will probably require you to send each letter
as a separate print job. Fellow MVP Doug Robbins has produced a macro for
this which you will find listed under the heading Split a merged document to
the printer with each 'letter' treated as a separate print task at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

For other documents, the following macro should work. Note that the tray ID
numbers are printer specific. See http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
which explains how to establish the tray ID numbers for your printer -
replace the tray IDs in the following macro as necessary:

Sub TwoTrays()
Dim sTray As Integer
sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
Dim sPage As Long
With ActiveDocument
Selection.EndKey wdStory
For i = 1 To Selection.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber)
sPage = i Mod 2
If sPage = 1 Then
Options.DefaultTrayID = 261 'Set the odd page trayID number here
Else
Options.DefaultTrayID = 260 'Set the even page trayID number
here
End If
ActiveDocument.PrintOut _
Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, _
Pages:=format(i), _
Copies:=1
Next i
Options.DefaultTrayID = sTray
End With
End Sub

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Joe Perfiry wrote:
I have a large document (296 pages) and I want to print every other
page on to headed paper. So page 1 goes to one cassette page 2 to
another and this repeats etc. Is this possible and how?

  • Re: Printing repeat pages from two trays, etc
    ... Dim sTray As String ... Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 3" ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... subsequent pages on plain, the file copy is all on ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Word crashing when printer tray is changed in vba
    ... I've done some experimenting, and my conclusion is that you get a crash in ... If you assign a non-existent tray ID number to Options.DefaultTrayID, ... Dim sTray As String ... MsgBox ActivePrinter & vbCr & Options.DefaultTray ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Excel-Printing to specific tray using macro
    ... The best way I think is to create different printers for each tray. ... Then change the defaultprinter with the code to it and print ... Dim sTray As Integer ... ActivePrinter = HP LaserJet P2015 Series PCL 5e ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Why doesnt my macro record paper tray change in printer options?
    ... Your macro doesn't change the trays. ... Sub PrintLetterandEnv() ... Dim sTray As String ... Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 1" ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)