Re: How can I display the urls to hyperlinks in printed documents only?

On 7 dec, 17:57, Kathy <kopu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using Word 07 to create a list of online resources. The
hyperlinks worked as expected. When you Ctrl-click on the title of an
online website, it takes you to the website. As long as my document is
distributed electronically, this is fine. But now I want to print out
this document to distribute to a class. No one knows how to get to a
website on the list, because the urls don't show up. So how do I get
this document to print so that the url of the hyperlinked text prints
out immediately after the text? Example:

Google (http://google.com) - easy to use search engine with lots of
options

Ideally the url would be in a slightly smaller font. It seems like
there should be a style or option to accomplish this, but I can't find
it.

I don't think its directly possible, but something along the lines of
the following macro might work

Public Function ConvertHyperlinks()
Dim fld As Field

For Each fld In ActiveDocument.Fields
If fld.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
fld.Select
Selection.InsertAfter (" (" + Replace(Split(fld.Code.Text,
" ")(1), Chr(34), "") + ")")
End If
Next

End Function

Yves

  • Re: how to backup website using php
    ... |I want to add a script to a website to backup the files. ... | So I'd like to compress all the files of the website in one zip archiv ... public function addDirectory ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: How can I display the urls to hyperlinks in printed documents only?
    ... online website, it takes you to the website. ... Public Function ConvertHyperlinks() ...     Dim fld As Field ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • reading a text file from a URL
    ... I have a text file at a particular URL (physical path is not part of the ... since the file is not part of the website I am working on (it is part of a ... Public Function GetCaption(ByVal CaptionFile As String) As String ...
  • Re: web not designed in frontpage
    ... Start FrontPage. ... Open your online website in FrontPage, ... website to a location of your choice on your computer's hard drive (preferably ... > website is administered by going directly to the website and making changes ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Anybody wants to exchange link with my website www.toy4education.com
    ... I have a online website www.toy4education.com with some 2500 web ... None of the web pages are given any page rank by google yet. ... I need some cross links with some webpages with page ranked by google. ... No links related to adult material will be put on the website. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)