Re: How do I set up my own cover page template?

Hi =?Utf-8?B?bW5tZWRpYQ==?=,

I am trying to create a company branded cover page for our word documents.
How can I create a cover page template that can be used over and over again?
I have an image file for the background. I don't want people to be able to
change the size of the image or position, I just want them to be able to
adjust the name of the document.

Mmm, tricky... OK, this seems to work, but I haven't ever really used or tested
it thoroughly.

1. Create a RichText content control. Press ENTER in the control once so that
the control contains the paragraph marks. (This is important because we need to
protect the anchor point of the graphic)

2. Insert the graphic.

3. When you click on the graphic you should see an anchor in the left margin.
If you do not, go to Word Options/Display and activate "Object anchors". Drag
the anchor to one of the paragraph marks in the Content Control

4. Format the graphic (behind the text, for instance).

5. Click on the Content Control, then display the Properties. Activate both the
"Content Control cannot be deleted" and the "Content Control cannot be edited"
options. This should protect your graphic.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

  • Re: Optional image vs. OLE
    ... ..Picture property because Access assumes that you are trying to remove the ... the image in the hidden control so that it is available for the other one. ... >> only be populated if the user browses for selects an image file (using the ... >> not remain on the form without a valid image path. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Anchoring under VS2005
    ... It seems if you have a container control such as a Tab control etc and you ... Resize event, if so, then go ahead and resize the tab. ... They do not anchor to the right of the form. ...
  • Re: on the ce initiation
    ... the screen alignment. ... I want to know where is the codes to control ... It should be an image file, ...
  • Re: imbed picture in contact form and add button to browse to pict
    ... I think the second option would work, and I don't even need to load the ... Do you have some sample code for adding the image file as an attachment to ... I wasn't thinking - the Picture object is obviously not being saved ... > Image control, then delete the file. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: User Rights
    ... I have propogated the FULL control to all her sub objects. ... > Image File Name: ... > Primary Logon ID: ... > Client Domain: DOMAIN1 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)