Track Changes Color Same for 2 Editors, Different for the 3rd Edit

Hi Helpfuls,

I'm using Word 2003 on XP. I (and the others involved) have Track Changes
colors set to display By Author.

We're circulating a doc for editing, with Track Changes turned on. All
users have their own names in the User Information field (in the Options
menu), and work from their own workstations. The changes by the first 2
editors display in different colors. When a 3rd editor makes edits, the
changes display in the same color as one of the other editors, but this only
happens on the 3rd editor's workstation; once the doc is emailed to another
user, that 3rd person's changes do take a different color...but then that 4th
person's Track Changes show up the same color as an earlier editor's.

This didn't happen until recently; normally, when an editor modified a doc,
the color of the changes was distinct--and apparent on that person's
monitor--from the other editors', regardless of how many folks had made
previous edits. There haven't been any recent system changes/upgrades, etc.

If you followed this, do you have any idea what the problem is? Thanks...

  • Re: spell check problem
    ... some editors like "track changes," and also to keep the edit ... changes before you spell-check, or expect the problem. ... I normally recommend that people do NOT track changes. ... then make your edits without tracking the changes. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Track Changes Color Same for 2 Editors, Different for the 3rd Edit
    ... We're circulating a doc for editing, with Track Changes turned on. ... editors display in different colors. ... When a 3rd editor makes edits, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Display Track Changes by Revision Not Author
    ... Is there a way to display the changes in a document not by author, ... I edited a document and the track changes are in red. ... reviewed and am doing another round of edits, and I like those to display as ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Viewing Both Additions and Deletions in Track Changes
    ... Even in Print Layout view you can go to Word> Preferences> Track Changes (or ... Balloons to display changes". ... Showing Markup and Original Showing Markup Views. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: how to get rid of markup underlines
    ... Display the Reviewing toolbar if it isn't already displayed. ... Then click the Track Changes button to turn it off. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)