Re: turn off function keys

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:45:02 -0700, function keys <function
keys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how do i turn off the blue function keys?

I assume you're talking about the keyboard on a laptop, as I've never seen blue
function keys anywhere else (not that there couldn't be some...). If that's the
case, then there should also be a single key that says something like "Fn" in
the same color. Try pressing and releasing it.

If that doesn't work, see whether the manufacturer of your laptop has help files
or a web forum. At any rate, this question is specific to your laptop
manufacturer and model -- and it has NOTHING to do with Microsoft Word, which is
what this newsgroup is about.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

  • Re: Presentation view problem
    ... one of the function keys should modify what shows on the projector and what ... What is the make and model of your laptop? ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Screen Grabs
    ... I'm trying to do a screen grab in Tiger on a Macbook Pro. ... The laptop doesn't seem to have the keys to perform the usual alt-print ... laptop only has 12 function keys. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: adjusting brightness
    ... Check the front edge of your function keys for special controls. ... Toshiba pressing the Fn key and the F6 or F7 will decrease and increase the ... > is not an option on my laptop. ... How do I adjust the brightness on my ...
  • Re: Virtual PC 7 Question...
    ... > that your friend has a laptop (iBook or PowerBook), ... > functions associated with most of the function keys. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: F8 key not recognized by Windows XP install program
    ... I try the laptop It won't recognize F8. ... Not sure what you mean by "reset my f-keys" but on your laptop have you ... function keys to either act as function keys or as the hardware features ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)