my cursor keeps highligthing everything

I cannot 'un-highlight' anything - in Word as well as Explorer, my cursor
highlights everything (text, tables etc) and I don't know how to make it
stop. Can anybody help??

  • Re: HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
    ... Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor ... HOME SP1 and updated thru SP3)... ... kill EXPLORER and then do a NEW TASK and manually start ... The setting under Transfer Mode should be DMA and the Current Transfer Mode should be Ultra DMA Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
    ... Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor ... which worked as long as I did NOT reboot. ... kill EXPLORER and then do a NEW TASK and manually start ... don't understand why Explorer hangs when Windows starts up but then works ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Since I recently reinstalled XP, I have some annoyingly odd issue
    ... the cursor in the right spot, when I click it it highlights the whole word ... instead of just marking the spot with a cursor line. ... opens it and then it opens it also in another small window.I have it set not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Since I recently reinstalled XP, I have some annoyingly odd issue
    ... Also If I go back into something to correct a typo I place the cursor in the right spot, when I click it it highlights the whole word instead of just marking the spot with a cursor line. ... Second- When I click on a new mail it automatically opens it and then it opens it also in another small window.I have it set not to do that unless I double click on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CCombobox with 2 colors of text in each entry
    ... I don't know how to add Vista styles to an application. ... I then move the cursor over the first ... that when the second line highlights the first line also highlights at the ... selection highlight for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)