Re: Strange Characters in Word

You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306560 "How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP", except that you want to select the standard U.S. keyboard instead of the U.S.-International keyboard.

MJade wrote:

When I type common place symbols into word (Office 2007) i'm getting REALLY weird results. A foreward slash / becomes é, an apostrophe (') becomes `` , square brackets are ¸^ and so on for almost all symbol keys.
I can't find a way to fix it. I've looked on Help, and in other message boards for people with similar problems and haven't been able to find anything. Autocorrect isn't doing it, my language setting is the same as always English (Canada).
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm getting REALLY frustrated.

MJade

  • Re: Bug with recognition of apostrophe key. V. Frustrating!!
    ... You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows. ... Any second keystroke will cause ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Why dont my quotation marks appear until I hit another key?
    ... You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows. ... See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306560 "How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: Swedish Characters in W2K logon prompt
    ... >How to use the Swedish Characters in W2k logon prompt? ... >The keyboard layout is a per user setting. ... >may require you to reinstall Windows. ... >>Patrik Gisselsson ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • Re: British Keyboard and British Windows XP
    ... > I will soon buy a Sony computer from England (I live in Europe at the ... the Keyboard layout and the Windows version is ... > American software, like MS Word 2000, and other programs? ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with Quotation Marks and Apostrophes