Re: Strange Characters in Word
- From: "garfield-n-odie [MVP]" <garfieldnodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 20:53:31 -0800
You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306560 "How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP", except that you want to select the standard U.S. keyboard instead of the U.S.-International keyboard.
When I type common place symbols into word (Office 2007) i'm getting REALLY weird results. A foreward slash / becomes é, an apostrophe (') becomes `` , square brackets are ¸^ and so on for almost all symbol keys.
I can't find a way to fix it. I've looked on Help, and in other message boards for people with similar problems and haven't been able to find anything. Autocorrect isn't doing it, my language setting is the same as always English (Canada).
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm getting REALLY frustrated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Can read saved docs
- Next by Date: Re: Word Perfect to MS Word conversions
- Previous by thread: Re: Can read saved docs
- Next by thread: Re: Strange Characters in Word