Re: Strange Characters in Word

You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306560 "How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP", except that you want to select the standard U.S. keyboard instead of the U.S.-International keyboard.

MJade wrote:

When I type common place symbols into word (Office 2007) i'm getting REALLY weird results. A foreward slash / becomes é, an apostrophe (') becomes `` , square brackets are ¸^ and so on for almost all symbol keys.
I can't find a way to fix it. I've looked on Help, and in other message boards for people with similar problems and haven't been able to find anything. Autocorrect isn't doing it, my language setting is the same as always English (Canada).
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm getting REALLY frustrated.

MJade

.