Re: Saving a document from a template into same location

I make my own templates and save them as Dotx files. I place these into relevent folders rather than Office's default templates folder. I was hoping that opening my template would save it into the same folder it came from. Is there a way to do this?

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uC7L7$M4HHA.1204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is neither normal nor desirable to save documents into the template folder. Why do you want to do this?
Nor is it usual to open templates and save as document. The normal procedure is to create a new document from a template.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

nLinked wrote:
If I have made a template in Word 2007 (.dotx), and I open it, edit
it and save it as a document (.docx), I want it to show the Save As
dialogue pointing in the same location as that template was in. By
default, the Save As window shows the default saving folder (which is
set as my Documents folder). Is there a way so that it opens the Save
As window on the same place that the template was in, even if I have
templates in different locations?

  • Re: installing large numbers of standard templates for All User pr
    ... You don't want to be using the Word Startup folder. ... The Workgroup Templates folder can be a shared network folder or can be ... "Sharing a Global Template on a Network ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Word 2000 wont open!
    ... This will open Application Data Window. ... This will show the contents of the Microsoft folder. ... This will show the contents of the Templates folder. ... >Rebooted numerous times. ...
  • Re: How do I set up automatically suceeding numbers in Word?
    ... By the way, I was able to get a temporary share on a server and tried this, ... accessing the templates from any of the computers. ... Change the macro (in the two lines ... the name of the shared folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Word XP Does Not Create New Normal.dot
    ... and in Folder Options for Windows you are set to view hidden and system ... >>>If you go to Tools> Options> File Locations and click User Templates ... Reopen Word and the font has not been ... the "Word Option Utility" does not work. ...
  • Re: Macro Security Warning
    ... the Templates folder, and another is Word's Startup folder. ... there gets loaded whenever Word starts, and macros and toolbars in the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)