Re: How do I make a repeating watermark?

You can go to View>Header and Footer, create as many copies of a text box
containing the word "Confidential" as you want, formatted as you wish and
positioned wherever you like (as long as they are not set for In Line with
Text - preferably use Behind Text text wrapping). They can't, however, be
rotated to read diagonally the way the standard watermark is.

If you want something more elaborate, create a file in a graphics program,
save it as a jpeg or png, then use the Printed Watermark feature to specify
that file as a picture rather than the Text watermark option.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/14/06 12:40 PM, in article
EC34ACBF-B874-4051-A3E3-5ACED50B16F9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marluny"
<Marluny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to set up a letter with "CONFIDENTIAL" as the watermark, but I want it
to repeat across the entire page, not the single instance that MS Word
inserts.

  • Re: Header and footer graphics not displaying
    ... A watermark is nothing more or less than a graphic anchored to the header ... using Format | Background | Printed Watermark. ... tiff images into the header and footer to replicated the printed ...
    (microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics)
  • Headers/Footers and Watermarks
    ... which had a footer and also a watermark. ... A header box had miraculously expanded to fill half of one page, ... I was unable to delete the original watermark. ... have any guesses about why some of the behaviors I noted above took place? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Pleading Paper
    ... The line numbers in your pleading paper template are just ordinary text ... numbers in a box anchored to the header. ... So I change the header and footer to palatino type, ... In Word when you create a watermark you are limited to a picture watermark ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: How to remove watermark liked, but not watermark, text?
    ... header and footer a lot, but did know that it can be used to generate rotated ... Select the watermark and press Delete. ... >> I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Pleading Paper
    ... The pleading paper I'm using doesn't use the template. ... So I change the header and footer to palatino type, ... In Word when you create a watermark you are limited to a picture watermark ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)