Re: change the AUTO TEXT selections in the HEADER-FOOTER toolbar

The AutoText entries shown on the Header and Footer toolbar are those that
were created in the Header or Footer style. If you create the AutoText entry
when you're in a header or footer, you'll be in that style; otherwise,
you'll have to apply it manually before creating the AutoText entry.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LJ" <LJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have new AUTO TEXT that I want to easily select when I make a new
footer.
The current header- footer toolbar has the usual selections (created on,
filename etc). I have created the new auto text in the regular auto text
area
of word (insert> auto text > add) but don't know how to make it appear as
one
of the choices in the footer toolbar.
thanks
LJ

  • Re: No auto text entries
    ... This particular AutoText entry seems to have a tendency to go walkabout. ... Note that it is formatted with the Header and Footer style, ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: AutoText entry
    ... body and another for the header. ... If you want me to look at your template and suggest changes, ... > header, a logo in the first page footer, and a second page ... > using an AutoText entry with a button on the toolbar ...
    (microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs)
  • Re: How do I save my document on a hard copy
    ... The AutoText entry is in the Header and Footer style, ... > Sometimes I'll find a hard copy of a word document and ca't figure out ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Adding "revised on and the date" to each page
    ... However there is an AutoText entry for ... header and footer toolbar when you are in a header or footer. ... I am working on Microsoft word 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Watermarks
    ... Or you could insert the watermark once and save it as an AutoText entry in ... AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar. ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)