Re: Microsoft Word Toolbars

First, turn off adaptive menus if you haven't already.

Then open a document. If the pesky toolbars show up, first close all other
documents you have open (including the blank one). Then close the toolbars.
Then type a single letter and backspace to delete it and save your "changed"
document. Close and reopen Word. If that doesn't work....

From the FAQ:

11. How can I get rid of that ^$#*@& web toolbar?
(Works for reviewing and other toolbars, too!)

Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:

Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)

See also the MVP FAQ: which is awesome!
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sabrina" <Sabrina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Running MSWord 2002. The toolbars don't remain stable, I select and
them how I want them to appear, and new toolbars are added (like the
reviewing toolbar, or the pdf bar) everytime I open another document.
very annoying.