Re: How to align equation to the last line

niwrad wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:26:19 -0800, niwrad
<niwrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have numbered the equations on its right in my Word document and
they are aligned to the center when the equations have more than
one line. I would like to align the equation numbers to the last
line of the equation (or the bottom of the object) and wonder how I
can do so.

Thanks

The most reliable method is to use a two-column borderless table,
with the equations in the left (wide) column and the equation
numbers in the right (narrow) column. Select the right column, right
click it, select Cell Alignment, and choose the bottom right
alignment.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks for the response.

I have created a particular formatting style to automatically number
the equations and align them horizontally and it's been very useful
other than for this stated issue. So I'm wondering if it's possible
to maintain this and just alter some formatting setting such that the
equation numbers on the right can be align to the bottom of the
equation object.

I don't think there's anything you can do in a style, but you can ask Design
Science (www.dessci.com or www.mathtype.com), the company that supplies the
Equation Editor to Microsoft. You should also look at their commercial
product MathType, which (among many other enhancements) can make its own
equation numbers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

  • Re: How to align equation to the last line
    ... like to align the equation numbers to the last line of the equation (or the ... select Cell Alignment, and choose the bottom right alignment. ... newsgroup so all may benefit. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: text alignment in a text box
    ... the Align ... Align Top and Align Bottom. ... horizontally in a text box in Microsoft Word and the general consenus ... I have checked the Formatting toolbar and the Format menu and neither one ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: PP Textbox Vertical Anchor problem
    ... If you want to align the shape at the bottom of the slide you need to use ... I am having a> problem with PP vertical anchors in a textbox. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Bottom align inline elements
    ... I want to align the bottom of the elements in the following example, i.e. to align their bottom borders: ... Only IE 6 aligns the bottom borders but the other browsers render it quite differently - what I'm missing? ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Form Alignment
    ... form to coordinates that will align it with the bottom right of the screen. ... You should be able to use the static Bounds property of the Screen class to ... static WorkingArea property on the Screen class, ...