Re: How do I stop having new typing delete the next letter?

Hi, Gordy. Please see:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_over_text_in_microsoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"gordy1292" <gordy1292@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Apparently I hit a wrong key upon occasion so that, from that point onward
> in
> typing a document, the next letter I type in deletes the letter to its
> right.
> Two questions: what causes that to happen and, when it does, how do I
> make
> it stop?

  • Re: Behind the Times? (was Re: Conventions)
    ... >> the home keys and nearly straight down onto the other keys. ... >> thumb that hits it. ... To hit the spacebar, or anything, with the ... Typing with bent wrists is really hard on the tendons. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Delete more than one letter
    ... It sounds like you have "Typing replaces selected text" or "Typing replaces selection" turned off. ... > work or sentence, or paragraph, and hit delete nothing happens. ... I could just highlight and hit the delete key and> be ...
  • Re: ODE -- The Other Desktop Environment
    ... And I am as much a computer expert as anyone. ... The first is simply "typing without looking at the keyboard", ... putting your fingers on the home ... row and using the ''correct'' fingers to hit the keys (e.g., ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... completely irrelevant to the issue of emacs when discussing emacs. ... Ah, yes, because touch typing isn't at all a recognized technique. ... Make up your mind. ... for some cases where your destination is NOT hit) then either the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: 2011 summer not a good one.
    ... if hit towards you or moving to "back up" a throw if hit the other side. ... But I "run warm" anyway. ... If it's really cold I might wear a long-sleeved undershirt as well - but that doesn't average as much as once a season. ... In my youth and early adulthood I can remember some seriously bitter weather in May - including one occasion when I umpired in a parka and another occasion when the pavilion thermometer showed a resolute 5C on a sunny afternoon with a bitter northerly wind. ...
    (uk.sci.weather)