Re: How to have NO page numbers in one section of a document?

Sorry, but it doesn't work. My cursor was in the second section, I followed
all of the steps given in the URL below, but I still ended up with a page
number in the first section... :( Please Help

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm
> , except that you want skip the part about inserting a page
> number in section 1 (the "front matter" section).
>
> Sam wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to not have any page numbers at the start of my document, and to have
> > page numbers at a certain point in my document. However, when I insert a
> > page break, and then insert page numbers, page numbers are being inserted in
> > Both sections of my document. What can I do?
> >
> > Thank you!

  • Word 2003 - Textbox - How to get cursor below box for other work
    ... After inserting a text box, I cannot get the cursor below the textbox to ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Cant insert Continuous Break into the Word Document
    ... > It moves cursor to the first text area in the document and insert break ... > still fails. ... >>> Below is the code I am using for inserting a break. ... >>>> could target the first paragraph. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Cant insert Continuous Break into the Word Document
    ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP ... > In order to save each document's formating I am trying to insert> continuous breaks in the begining of each document but it fails. ... > When I manually move cursor to the regular text area the insert break> works fine. ... > Is there some kind of check I can do before inserting the break to> make sure that it will not fail or is there any areas of word doc> where it cannot be inserted. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Cant insert Continuous Break into the Word Document
    ... > Below is the code I am using for inserting a break. ... > The problem I am having is that I can not get my cursor into position ... >> could target the first paragraph. ... >> it fails. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Cant insert Continuous Break into the Word Document
    ... > In order to save each document's formating I am trying to insert ... > continuous breaks in the begining of each document but it fails. ... > The cursor seems to be sitting inside some frame or something. ... > Is there some kind of check I can do before inserting the break to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)