Re: Word Passwords

It was a long time ago, didn't say it was Word, but Windows system. Now I
can't remember the details, but the problem was resolved, and never happened
again. : )

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Word does not use this kind of password; the password itself is used to
> encrypt the files, so deleting it from the Registry would not help.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>
> "katin42" <katin42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Someone set a password in my system (years ago), and of coarse, I had no
> > access to it. I had to hire a Microsoft Certified Technician to go into
> the
> > Registry, hunt down the password, and delete it. It was way over my head,
> > and still is.
> >
> > "CyberTaz" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello=
> > >
> > > No sarcasm intended, but Password Protection would be pretty much
> worthless
> > > if you could, wouldn't it?
> > >
> > > A knowledgeable techie _may_ be able to remove the protection, but the
> risk
> > > of rendering the file unreadable is very high. Your best bet is to
> intensely
> > > search your own memory banks and try to remember your password combined
> with
> > > "trial & error".
> > >
> > > Good Luck |:>)

  • Re: Word Passwords
    ... so deleting it from the Registry would not help. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... I had to hire a Microsoft Certified Technician to go into ... >>> bypass the password protection or to rid the file of the password? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Restricting Remote Registry Access
    ... delete a key, recreate it, change it, etc... ... The Windows system is one such ... Take a look at regmon. ... Subject: Restricting Remote Registry Access ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: outlook 2007 will not allow account settings
    ... try creating a new user id on your Windows system to see if the "registry problem" is isolated to user or machine. ... "Kalyanaraman S." ... > I have been using Outlook 2003 on my windows XP professional. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Still cant beat a Dell
    ... Now that that's out of the way, You can prove a Windows system is free of ... malware because you have detection software. ... You can install Windows and have the registry and all ... And many malicious apps mask themselves as a known process, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)