Word 2003: Tab or Ctl + Tab no longer change list levels

Hello all,

Looks like Word has stopped using a press of the tab key to change the
indent level in a list. When I hit tab, the cursor simply jumps a tab space
over with the list level remaining right where it was. Any suggestions on why
it's doing this and how to put it back to normal?

Many thanks

  • Re: Decorators, Identity functions and execution...
    ... indent level, so no matter how you set your tab width, my code will ... look consistent. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Word 2003: Tab or Ctl + Tab no longer change list levels
    ... > Paul wrote: ... >> indent level in a list. ... When I hit tab, the cursor simply jumps a tab space ... >> over with the list level remaining right where it was. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Inconsistent behavior with with tab at end of line
    ... and I often want to go to the end of a line and tab out a couple of tab stops before adding more text. ... The lines where I want to do this are often part of a paragraph containing forced line breaks, and I find that if I go to the end of a line that ends with a forced line break and I hit tab, the tab is inserted at the beginning of the next line, not at the end of the line the cursor is on. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Word 2003: Tab or Ctl + Tab no longer change list levels
    ... Looks like Word has stopped using a press of the tab key to change the indent level in a list. ... When I hit tab, the cursor simply jumps a tab space over with the list level remaining right where it was. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Outline stopped working
    ... Format|Bullets and Numbering doesn't work the way ... it has up 'til now. ... When I press the tab, the indent level doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.word.numbering)