Re: missing lines in printing Word document

From: Pat Garard (apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau)
Date: 02/13/05

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:54:40 +1100

G'Day Andy,

In Print preview, Word attempts to use the printer characteristics
to create the print image.

On my machine, if I have a page number in the footer, it often sits
at the very edge of the non-printing area and only half of it prints.
This is very clearly shown in my Print preview.

You may have an issue with the printer. Try uninstalling and re-
installing the printer, ensure that your drivers are current and
investigate what printer properties can be set (and ARE set)
in Start>Printers and faxes!

--
Regards,
Pat Garard
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pat,
>
> thanks for stick with this.  Like I said in the first  message, it appears
> fine on the screen (on print pre-view).  The printed appearance (when I
> set
> single line spacing) is that alternate lines have only the top half of the
> character. If I set a large spacing, or a different font, the lines with
> only
> the top half of the characters appear every 6 lines, for example.
>
> Andy
>

> "Pat Garard" wrote:
>
>> Ok Andy,
>>
>> Step 1
>> How does it appear in Print preview?
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pat Garard
>> Melbourne, Australia
>> _______________________
>>
>> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Pat,
>> >
>> > thanks for trying. I selected the text and checked the line spacing was
>> > single.  Spacing  'before' and 'after' were zero.  Still no luck I'm
>> > afraid.
>> > I fiddled with the 'before' and 'after' settings but these just changed
>> > the
>> > paragraph spacing. Did I miss something?
>> >
>> > Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: missing lines in printing Word document
    ... "Andy" wrote in message ... Spacing 'before' and 'after' were zero. ... > "Pat Garard" wrote: ... >>> However, now, when I print a Word document, which displays perfectly ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: missing lines in printing Word document
    ... fine on the screen (on print pre-view). ... If I set a large spacing, or a different font, the lines with only ... Andy ... > Pat Garard ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: missing lines in printing Word document
    ... Spacing 'before' and 'after' were zero. ... Andy ... "Pat Garard" wrote: ... >> However, now, when I print a Word document, which displays perfectly well ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Changing value in cell
    ... We all have loads to learn - so don't worry about that!! ... >Hi Andy, ... >Character Map via copy/paste. ... I copied it from the cell. ...
  • What Did You Watch? 2013-02-12 (Tuesday)
    ... Gerald McCraney's character has one foot in the grave, ... They specifically state that Andy is Cuban. ... Honestly, though, one of the main themes of the film was ... trying to peddle as a plot point (similar to US movies where they put black ...
    (rec.arts.tv)