Re: Autocorrect Initial Capital of sentence

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill (sbarnhill_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 22:48:58 -0500

In Tools | AutoCorrect [Options], look at the Exceptions to see if you can
find an explanation. And if you have the box for "Automatically add words to
list" checked, uncheck it, as this can cause many entries to be created
unintentionally.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
"KBS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At times, particularly after some words that end with the letter "s," Word
doesn't capitalize the letter of the next sentence. I see it consistently
with the word "pus" (I type medical text) but also occasionally with other
words. However, most of the time Word capitalizes the first letter of the
sentence correctly, and so far it's only with  "s" that I find this. Does
anyone know if this is fixable, or is it maybe just a bug?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dates Updating in Word
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... explanation. ... He says that he has a bunch of saved Word files that have manually input ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Print Mail Merge Data source list
    ... That's the explanation, then; I never use Word's tools to produce data ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... generates a *.mdb file, which is, in essence, and Access databank. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: In Word document of text, what character separates colums for ins.
    ... I think we're going to need a better explanation of what you did. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... I could not find a way to make the table insertion with columns ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: Word becomes unstable during save
    ... See "OFF97: IPF in Kernel32.dll Clicking "Look In" in Open Dialog Box" at ... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=182475 for one possible explanation ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.word.mvps.org ...
  • Re: Auto capitalization
    ... Go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options and click the Exceptions... ... each tab) and then go through and weed out the entries on each tab that ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.word.mvps.org ... > Using a template created in Word 97, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)