Duplicate Fill-In Field Data

From: Greg Maxey (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:59:45 -0800

Bonnie,

Use a ASK and REF Fields vice a Fillin Field in your
template. The ASK Field collects the data and assigns the
bookmark, then the REF fields you place on page 1 and 2
will insert the bookmark value.

For example:
{ASK Name "What is the clients name?"} then {REF Name}
where you want the name to appear on page 1 and {REF Name}
again where you want the name to appear on page 2.

Unlike FILLIN fields, ASK fields do not prompt for update
automatically when you create a new document. You can
fire the prompts by pressing F9 or put and AutoNew Macro
in the documentment template:

Sub AutoNew()
  Dim oStory As Range
  For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
    oStory.Fields.Update
    If oStory.StoryType < wdMainTextStory Then
      While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
        Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
        oStory.Fields.Update
      Wend
    End If
  Next oStory
  Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

the
>second should print this at the bottom: "This form is to
>be kept with the contract".
>
>I have read and reread bookmarks and references but
cannot
>get it to work. I have duplicated my form and I have
>identified my fields on page 1 as bookmarks and tried to
>insert references on page 2, but to no avail. I know it's
>something simple. I don't want to retype each fillin
field
>twice.
>
>Any advice or help would be appreciated VERY MUCH!!!
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Duplicate Fill-In Field Data
    ... FILLIN fields on page 1 and REF fields on page 2. ... > For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges ... >>identified my fields on page 1 as bookmarks and tried to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM
    ... Thanks Jay! ... A bookmark is just a name for a location in the document. ... The Ref fields don't find out about the new text unless you ... The expression "Dim BMRange As Range" tells VBA that you're going ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: copying the picture to different locations in the same document using a macro while the doc is p
    ... The REF fields should be part of the template. ... For code that can insert a bookmark, ... The first step is to choose a name for the bookmark that will surround ... In your template, when you create the macrobutton field, select the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Re: MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM
    ... A bookmark is just a name for a location in the document. ... The Ref fields don't find out about the new text unless you ... >> to the variable BMRange. ... >> that the variable BMRange can be re-used to point to different ranges ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM
    ... A bookmark is just a name for a location in the document. ... The Ref fields don't find out about the new text unless you ... Now we come to the difference between using the .InsertBefore ... The expression "Dim BMRange As Range" tells VBA that you're going ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)