Duplicate Fill-In Field Data

From: Greg Maxey (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:59:45 -0800

Bonnie,

Use a ASK and REF Fields vice a Fillin Field in your
template. The ASK Field collects the data and assigns the
bookmark, then the REF fields you place on page 1 and 2
will insert the bookmark value.

For example:
{ASK Name "What is the clients name?"} then {REF Name}
where you want the name to appear on page 1 and {REF Name}
again where you want the name to appear on page 2.

Unlike FILLIN fields, ASK fields do not prompt for update
automatically when you create a new document. You can
fire the prompts by pressing F9 or put and AutoNew Macro
in the documentment template:

Sub AutoNew()
  Dim oStory As Range
  For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
    oStory.Fields.Update
    If oStory.StoryType < wdMainTextStory Then
      While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
        Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
        oStory.Fields.Update
      Wend
    End If
  Next oStory
  Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

the
>second should print this at the bottom: "This form is to
>be kept with the contract".
>
>I have read and reread bookmarks and references but
cannot
>get it to work. I have duplicated my form and I have
>identified my fields on page 1 as bookmarks and tried to
>insert references on page 2, but to no avail. I know it's
>something simple. I don't want to retype each fillin
field