Re: Shift + Enter vs. just Enter in Word

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP (dkr_at_NOmvpsSPAM.org)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:26:38 +1000

Enter inserts and End-of-Paragraph character while shift enter just moves
the cursor to the beginning of a new line (it does inset a new line
character.

The reason that you get the different appearance is because differences in
the way paragraphs are formatted by the two applications.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested.  Unsolicited questions forwarded
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I'm in Word 2003, and I use regular carriage returns, that is, just
> by pressing Enter, it looks okay in word but if I cut & paste into
> Outlook Express 6, as with a newsgroup posting, I get extra blank lines.
>
> I can use Shift + Enter in Word and the formatting passes to OE
> properly.
>
> So what is the actual difference between using just Enter and using
> Shift+Enter?
>
> And (I've asked this before) is it possible to setup Word so that it
> formats in a way so that if you C&P to OE, it won't add extra lines?
>

> --
>      *********************
>      *  Nehmo Sergheyev  *
>      *********************

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Shift + Enter vs. just Enter in Word
    ... Enter inserts and End-of-Paragraph character while shift enter just moves ... "Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message ... > I can use Shift + Enter in Word and the formatting passes to OE ...
    (microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs)
  • Re: Shift + Enter vs. just Enter in Word
    ... Enter inserts and End-of-Paragraph character while shift enter just moves ... "Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message ... > I can use Shift + Enter in Word and the formatting passes to OE ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Shift + Enter vs. just Enter in Word
    ... Enter inserts and End-of-Paragraph character while shift enter just moves ... "Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message ... > I can use Shift + Enter in Word and the formatting passes to OE ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Automation for attendance sheets
    ... > I have a spreadsheet with employee names, their ID's and their work shifts ... > particular day, copying the data to another sheet, applying the formatting ... > shift detail depending on the selection. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)