Re: Shift + Enter vs. just Enter in Word

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP (
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:26:38 +1000

Enter inserts and End-of-Paragraph character while shift enter just moves
the cursor to the beginning of a new line (it does inset a new line

The reason that you get the different appearance is because differences in
the way paragraphs are formatted by the two applications.

Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested.  Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.
Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP