This file cannot be previewed because of an error

When I go to open a file in Word 2007, I cannot preview any Word document in
the preview pane. The error is: "This file cannot be previewed because of an
error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer". This function will work if I
start Word with the /a switch (winword /a). I ran diagnostics and all was
fine. This is a clean install on Windows 7 and Office 2007. I am seeing some
issues out there but no definite fixes. I have only a PDF as an add-in and
disabling it does no good.

Microsoft...what's the deal??

David

  • RE: Mouse function failure - 2007 ms word SP1
    ... The reason for this was an automatic update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 ... able to resolve the issue. ... useless in the body of any word document. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Mouse function failure - 2007 ms word SP1
    ... The reason for this was an automatic update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 ... able to resolve the issue. ... useless in the body of any word document. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Preview doesnt work in Open dialog window Office 2007
    ... If I do Office Button-Open and choose the Preview pane and select any word document, the preview pane says "This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer" ... The same message appears in Excel obviously substituting "Excel" for "Word" in the above.... ... This is a clean install of Office on a clean install of Windows 7 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: This file cannot be previewed because of an error
    ... Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP ... "David" wrote in message ... error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer". ...
  • Re: Track changes prob
    ... I also have "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit email messages" ... Try asking in an Outlook newsgroup if someone there is familiar with ... Word document into "Track Changes" mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)