Re: THe Office Open XML file XXX.docx cannot be opened because the

Steven

I'm have to say it is definitely gone for good.

I future, always save and open documents from your local HDD. Always copy to and from the thumb drive.

Terry

"Steven Cheng" <StevenCheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F2CFE435-DF36-421C-8BB1-48357CCE01DF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Terry,

Thank you so much for your reply! Yes, I was saving it on a thumb drive. So
that means there is no way to get the file back to life, right?

Thanks,

Steven

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Yours is a completely different problem. Your notes.docx is totally blown
away. If you open it with WordPad, you will find 99% of the file is garbage.

Did you try saving this to some type of removable memory?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

> [...]
>> all days
>> > on can't open all of a sudden. It is me thesis file and is so
>> Important for
>> > me. When I try to open here's the message:
>> >
>> > THe Office Open XML file XXX.docx cannot be opened because there are
>> > problems with the contents.
>> >
>> > When I take the option to display details it says:
>> >
>> > Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column 683376.
>> >
>> > I did all the solution in topics of microsot as below:
>> > 1-Configure Word 2007 for draft oppenind and not updating
>> > 2-Insert the document as a file in a new document
>> > 3-Create a link to the damaged document
>> > 4-Use the "Recover Text from Any File" converter
>> > 5- Open with Open and Repair Option
>> >
>> > Also I installed SP1 for microsoft office but my problem didin't
>> solved.
>> > Also the I saw the topics 928282 but there isn't any solveing >> > solution
>> on it
>> > and I don't have any excel chart in my Document but I have Index, >> > TOC,
>> TOF,
>> > TOE and Endnote cition on my document.
>> > I changd the extension of file to .zip. I see all the xml pages but
>> when I
>> > want to open document.xml couldn’t see my body of document and only
>> some
>> > command lines and characters, not my work as below”
>> > “<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
>> > - <w:document
>> > xmlns:ve="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006";
>> > xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
>> >
>> xmlns:r="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/relations
>> hips"
>> > xmlns:m="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/math";
>> > xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
>> >
>> xmlns:wp="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/drawingml/2006/wordprocessin
>> gDrawing"
>> > xmlns:w10="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
>> > xmlns:w="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main";
>> > xmlns:wne="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2006/wordml";>
>> > - <w:body>
>> > - <w:sdt>
>> > - <w:sdtPr>
>> > - <w:rPr>
>> > <w:rFonts w:ascii="Times New Roman" w:eastAsiaTheme="minorHAnsi"
>> > w:hAnsi="Times New Roman" w:cs="B Mitra" />
>> > <w:b w:val="0" />
>> > <w:bCs w:val="0" />
>> > <w:sz w:val="24" />
>> > </w:rPr>
>> > <w:id w:val="8220753" />
>> > - <w:docPartObj>
>> > <w:docPartGallery w:val="Table of Contents" />
>> > <w:docPartUnique />”
>> >
>> > Also I changed extention to .dotx and nothing appears in opening.
>> >
>> > I put my file in the following link:
>> > http://rapidshare.com/files/134681855/nima_thesis.docx
>> >
>> > Please help me as soon as possible.
>> > My Email adress is: nima_rab@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: THe Office Open XML file XXX.docx cannot be opened because the
    ... I was saving it on a thumb drive. ... conversion utility to open my file but failed. ... 5- Open with Open and Repair Option ... Also I installed SP1 for microsoft office but my problem didin't ...
  • THe Office Open XML file XXX.docx cannot be opened because there a
    ... THe Office Open XML file XXX.docx cannot be opened because there are ... 5- Open with Open and Repair Option ... Also I installed SP1 for microsoft office but my problem didin't solved. ... Also the I saw the topics 928282 but there isn't any solveing solution on it ...
  • Re: Message when saving files
    ... My operating system is Windows XP ... and i'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Pro. ... message even when I'm saving Excel, ... to removable drives ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Saving Outlook 2003 Settings
    ... you can use the Save My Settings Wizard for this which is in the Start ... Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News ... Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... ... > way of saving all of these - so that I can simply back them up and quickly ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: How to open Micrsofts so-called Open XML Format
    ... Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet format. ... ISO standard document, claiming is is an "open" standard. ...
    (Ubuntu)