Microsoft Office has stopped working

Everytime I start MSWORD 2007 on my Vista 32 HP laptop I cannot use my mouse
to navigate the work program document and the Word document reports it Has
stopped working. I receive the following message when exiting or trying to
save my document in Word.

Microsoft Office has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

When I close this error message window I receive the following message.

Microsoft Office has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available.

This just started happening after downloading Business Manager and Starlight
onto my system about four days ago. I have tried having office diagnose the
problem to no avail and today tried using the OEM software CD to repair the
problem, also to no avail.

This does not happen in any of my other MSOffice programs (i.e. Excel,
Access, Publisher, etc.)

I have not experienced this problem in the many years (approx. 20) that I
have used MS Word on many different hardware, both OEM and user purchased
copies, on every MS Windows OS since its release.

This is very frustrating and calls into question my confidence with Vista
and MSOffice 2007.

  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... I am also having the same problem but I deleted the data key and the ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... "Terry Farrell" wrote: ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... I'm sorry to be so dense but I cannot find Datakey. ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • Unable to use the mouse within the document
    ... font when scrolling through the size/font selection before actually selecting ... Everytime I close Word I get the following message: "Microsoft Office has ... stopped working. ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...