Re: Multriple versions of Word

Terry Farrell wrote:
Please follow this link for a solution: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/20/110

Thanks but I was aware of this link. My problem was not with registration issues.

It so happens that after weeks of research, I stumbled on something that works (so far, should I probably say) : I disabled dde in the Edit and Open dialogs of the File association with Doc.

After I tried and found that worked, I checked again the dde settings and it had rewenabled itself! But now, clicking on a doc file does open the correct program.

Needless to say, I do not understand why this worked but next time this happens, it is worth a try!

Thanks.
--
John Doue

  • Re: Notepad to Word Document
    ... you may just need to reregister Word to get it ... to reclaim the .doc file association. ... >> It is only the file association in Windows that has changed. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Opening Word files from Desktop in Vista Home Premium
    ... inspect the .DOC file association ... Select .DOC file type from the list box ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Rod. ...
  • Re: how do you turn word pad documents to word 97 documents
    ... Sounds like your default file association for DOC is WordPad. ... any DOC file and choose Open With (if you have Win98, ...
  • *.doc fails to open
    ... Outside Word, if I double click a *.doc file, Word opens but the document does not load into Word. ... Checked the file association and ... but the Norton repair fails to have a positive effect. ...