Re: PDF files open in garbled text and symbols

In Windows Explorer, return to the Tools > Folder Options dialog.
Click the File Types tab. Select PDF from the list of extensions. In
the lower half of the dialog, under "Details for 'PDF' extension",
click the Change button. This opens another dialog.

In this second dialog, if you see Adobe Reader 7.0 in the list (it
should be under "Recommended Programs" but you might have to scroll
down into the "Other Programs" list), click it. If you don't see it in
the list, click the Browse button and find the Adobe Reader program --
probably C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe,
unless you chose to install it somewhere else (or maybe it isn't
really installed properly even though you believe you reinstalled it).

Make sure the box is checked for "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file" and click OK in each dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:54:02 -0800, Lon Axelrod