Word cannot save changes to the global template...........

I keep on receiving this message every timeI want to exit Word.
The normal.dot is "readonly" and on the network.

Word cannot save changes to the global template because
it was opened with read-only access. Do you want to save
the changes in a template with different name?".

Any idea?

  • Re: error message unknown: method disconnect of object iconnect fai
    ... It sounds like you have a macro in a global template attempting to run ... when you exit Word. ... MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/ ... message "Microsoft Visual Basic" below the header is the message: ...
  • RE: Correcting Spelling/Grammar in Spanish (guatemala)
    ... to save your normal.dot global template when you exit Word, ... > (guatemala). ... I have tried everything to get it to read english. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar)
  • Re: Cursor starts in the Middle of the page
    ... If you are prompted to save changes to your global template when you exit Word, ... In Word 2007, click on the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon, click on the little arrow at the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group, and click on Layout tab | Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: remove a keyboard shortcut key
    ... you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot global template when you exit Word, ... I even tried adding it and then removing it, and I still get a new document when I hit Ctrl + N. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Changes to Normal.dot message
    ... Every time I exit Word 2002, I get the following message "Changes have been ... made that affect the global template Norman.dot. ... there a way to get rid of this message? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)