Re: MS Word "Mark-up" won't go away!

You have to realize that hiding the markup is not the same as getting rid of
it. You must turn Track Changes off and then Accept All Changes in Document
and Delete All Comments in Document. If you want to keep a marked-up copy,
then accept changes and delete comments in a copy of the document.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"doncalarco" <doncalarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Check your settings under Tools > Options > Security. There are a few
> > options related to Track Changes and Markup...including one to open in
> > Markup mode.
> >
> > Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
> > Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
> > Editor/TechTrax Ezine
> >
> > Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
> > Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
> > Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
> > Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html
> >

> > On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:11:02 -0700, "doncalarco"
> > <doncalarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > >I sent a word document to a co-worker and she edited it, but now, when
I try
> > >to send a "clean copy to someone, it always arrives in "Mark-up" mode.
How
> > >do I permanently remove the "Mark-up notes and get a clean document.
> >
> > That seems to work for me, when I open the document, but when I "send"
it to someone, it opens on their computer with all the mark-up. I am
sending contracts to clients, and I want it to go "clean". How do I
eliminat6e the Mark-up completely?

  • Re: Track changes with multiple authors
    ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ... is configured in Tools> Options> User Information on your respective PCs - any number of which could conceivably have the same settings. ... markup in the same color. ... in track changes which show as red/blue on the tab? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Has anyone noticed Word performance improvements with Tiger
    ... With Track Changes, you will most likely not see a massivly substantial ... performance improvement with these complex documents if you move to Tiger. ... I'm viewing the markup as I go - Final Showing Markup - in page ... > them until there's a fix for the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Reviewing and markup function in Word 2003
    ... If you never turn Track Changes on or insert comments, ... has sent you that contains markup. ... Stan ... >> Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Has anyone noticed Word performance improvements with Tiger
    ... I'm viewing the markup as I go - Final Showing Markup - in page layout ... > I went back to page layout and switched off "use balloons to display ... > changes" in the track changes preferences panel - this gives the same markup ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Help.. I cant get rid of Track Changes feature!!!!
    ... Turning Track Changes off just hides the markup. ... >> Final Showing Markup view when the document is opened. ... >> Keith Brickey ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)