OEMGetRealTime and SoftRTC flag

Hi all,

according to the following link:

if I set the following entry in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Platform]
"SoftRTC" = dword:1

The clock will run in software mode. So, AFAK, that means that the
OEMGetRealTime function will be called only in the cases named in the
following thread:

http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder/browse_thread/thread/743033c709e882c9/0dba912dcb450195?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=SoftRTC#0dba912dcb450195.

In my OEMGetRealTime function I call the HW RTC, but after setting the
registry flag, I see that this function is still called about every
500 ms. That means, that somehow the registry entry is ignored and the
system time uses the HW clock.

Do I need to do anything additional to activate the SW clock?

Of course, I alredy checked that the entry is already in the registry
and a rebooted the board after the modifications.

Thanks in advances for your help.

Regards,

Alex

  • Re: OEMGetRealTime and SoftRTC flag
    ... The clock will run in software mode. ... In my OEMGetRealTime function I call the HW RTC, ... registry flag, I see that this function is still called about every ... that somehow the registry entry is ignored and the ...
  • Re: gp still tatooing!
    ... > but i checked the registry and there is no entry with hide clock tattooed! ... >> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB ... >>>> the local user profile how can i deal with such situation? ...
  • Re: Registry question
    ... RegMaid.exe Helps Clean Up the Registry ... Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition, version 6.0 ... RegMaid provides information about entries that are believed to be ... server file entry cannot be found by the system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: can make SNTP client to work
    ... I just tried your settings with my test program and they update the clock no ... You'll have to tell the service, of course, when you change the registry ... Assuming you installed the shared source, the server is found at: ... Nothing that you install in PRIVATE has anything to do with any normal ...
  • Re: Clock in Systray hidden
    ... "HideClock" anywhere in the registry. ... Do a Search in the registry for HideClock. ... setting to show the clock, rebooted each PC and still no clock. ... Remove Clock from the system notification area ...