RE: Platform Builder 5.0 Remote Tools under Windows Vista

This looks quite strange to me. I found some of the remote tools on three
different locations.

C:\Program Files\CE Remote Tools\5.01\bin
- Some of the tools in this directory work
- The connection dialog looks different (more connectivity options) to the
dialog in the other directories

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tools\Platman\bin
- None of the tools work -> see error message abvoe
- Less entries in the connectivity options

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE
Tools\Platman\bin\wce500
- None of the tools work -> see error message abvoe
- Less entries in the connectivity options

For example the "Windows CE Remote File Viewer" is in all of them. Strange,
because I installed PB only once?

  • Re: remote Web Workplace Picture
    ... This was a strange one. ... Registered Company/User were changed on the Internal Server, ... I had to go through the Registry and renam all instances ... > I use remote web workplace very often and I noticed a quirk about it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • CEMGRC.EXE and KITL in release build
    ... I am working on a headless PXA255 based system with NO ethernet. ... tools work with a debug OS image over KITL and a manual ... KITL in the release build but the Platform Manager Configuration, ... neither are the remote tools. ...
  • CEMGRC.EXE and KITL in release build
    ... I am working on a headless PXA255 based system with NO ethernet. ... tools work with a debug OS image over KITL and a manual ... KITL in the release build but the Platform Manager Configuration, ... neither are the remote tools. ...
  • Was my machine accessed unauthorizly?!
    ... I've used Terminal server for a month and everything looks OK. ... week was really strange. ... "The remote session was disconnected because another user has connected ...
  • Re: OT: Samsung TV Indicator Light
    ... that there is a red light in the lower right corner which is on when ... I'll know that the TV is powered and that the batteries in the remote ... Seems strange; am I missing something? ... indicator light. ...
    (alt.home.repair)